We're recruiting for a Technical Account Manager, based in our Canterbury office, ideally with three or more years commercial technical experience.
The Technical Account Manager will provide high quality technical consultancy for new business and opportunities and new projects with existing Deeson clients. They'll support and work closely with the Head of Client Services, Technical Director and Lead Developers to ensure new work is properly scoped and architected.
We're strong believers in open source - our core platforms are Angular, React, Drupal, Laravel, Python, Symfony, WordPress and Node. We deliver projects for our clients and for our in-house innovation labs.
If you believe in technical excellence and have the communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with Deeson colleagues and directly with our clients, then this could be a great role for you.
Deeson is part of The Panoply - a group of companies that work collaboratively with clients to solve complex business problems. Our sister agencies include Manifesto, Notbinary and FutureGov.
- Provide effective technical consultancy in new business and existing account development activities
- Undertaking initial technical triage and assessment of project viability to inform new business.
- Providing high quality technical chapter contribution to new business (written proposals, delivery of pitches etc) and existing client statements of work.
- Producing sound and deliverable technical concepts, approaches, strategies and estimations for new business proposals and existing client statements of work.
- Managing technical account relationships and delivery of client support work.
- Supporting the work of marketing and new business with case studies or the development of prototypes or thought leadership articles or presentations.
- Building relationships with clients and helping them to achieve their goals with technical solutions
- Giving code and experience back to the open source community
- Research new technologies and ways of delivering projects
- Presenting and rationalising your work internally and to our clients.
- Maintaining and championing high quality technical standards for all the agency’s output.
- Turning client requirements into technical specifications
Who we're looking for - the "must-haves"
- At least three years demonstrable on-the-job experience of commercial development
- A dedication to coding excellence and continuous personal development
- A genuine passion for our culture and our approach.
- Great written and face to face communication skills
- An ability to work well in a cross-disciplinary project team
Who we're looking for - the "nice-to-haves"
- You’ll have got your hands dirty with a good range of third party APIs
- Experience of delivery using an Agile software methodology
- Contributed code to an Open Source project
- Presented at tech meet-ups or conferences
- Familiarity using Symfony components
- Familiarity with the Laravel framework
- Have used Docker in local development
Salary and benefits
Deeson operates a transparent approach to pay and reward. We do this because we believe that pay setting and pay progression should be fair, open and based on the impact team members have in our business.
You can read more about this and see the current salary scales for all roles at Deeson in our team handbook.
The starting salary for this role will be from £36,000.
You can see how initial salaries are set for new team members joining Deeson here.
We have a "no negotiation" policy on salaries to ensure that starting salaries are set fairly and not on a candidate's ability or desire to negotiate.
Other benefits of working at Deeson include: